4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2009 3:10 PM by RyanJett

Toolset 10.2 to 10.3 Upgrade Issues - Files in use

andrew

I have the Engineer's Toolset version 10.2 installed and I am trying to upgrade to 10.3. But, when I run the install, it keeps telling me there are files in use and it does not tell me what they are.  I have closed everything.  I don't know what files it thinks are in use.  Any ideas on where to look?

• Re: Toolset 10.2 to 10.3 Upgrade Issues - Files in use

Hi Andrew - I have seen this a couple times and have not yet been able to determine the actual application causing the issue, but I can tell you how to work around it.

What is happening is a file that the installer is trying to upgrade is in use, but it cannot get the name of the process which actually has it locked.

Would you mind sending me the output to the command line app Tasklist.exe so that I can try to correlate a commonality?

Workaround:

• Start->Run->type 'MSConfig'->OK
          • In the general tab, select 'selective startup', and uncheck 'Load startup items'
          • In the services tab, check "Hide All Microsoft Services", then click the "Disable All" button.
          • Click OK and Reboot.
          • Install 10.3.
          • Run MSConfig and reverse the previous steps.

You should be good to go.

(Supplementary MSConfig info can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353)

HTH,

Greg