5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2009 9:30 AM by bshopp

Can I add sonipointN's?

Evaluation of Orion NPM and would like to have all of my Sonicwall wireless AP's in the syystem

I have SNMP enabled on the firewall and can monitor all of my firwall interfaces but I can't see any of my AP's. With a network discovery I can add them as nodes but that doesn't really help me.

Does Orion support Sonicpoints?

Thanks

• Re: Can I add sonipointN's?
          bshopp

Do your Sonicpoints support the 802dot11 MIB?  When you add the as nodes to Orion, what happens?  How are they identified?

It does support 802.11.  I am using the SonicpointN's

http://www.sonicwall.com/us/products/12261.html

I have SNMP enabled on the firewall and Orion sees the firewall and interfaces just fine.   When I try and add the sonicpoints it will add them as nodes only (Ping).  It does not see them via SNMP so it does not add them as AP's.

Any ideas?

Thanks

bshopp

By what behavior you are describing, it sounds like SNMP is either not enabled on the AP's or there is something else blocking SNMP through to the AP's like an ACL.  When you try to add the AP and add the community string and click verify, what happens?  What error do you get back?  Do you have a MIB browser on the Orion server like in our toolset?  Can you walk any MIB's on the AP's?

When I add the community string and verify I get a test failed.

The only 2 places in the firewall to enable SNMP is in the administration area which is done.  You also need to enable each individual interface which I did as I get data through them.  Including the amount of wireless traffic on the wireless zone so I know SNMP is setup correctly.

I do not have the MIB Browser as my trial on the toolset ran out. I can call my sales person and ask him to get me an extension.  I really like this software as it has already helped me troubleshoot some problems.  I have a lot of nodes defined and my Wireless AP’s are my last challenge.

I am not sure what you mean by “walk MIB’s”

Thanks