21 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 4:59 AM by keithdarl

New banner

contracer

Please, how could I put this banner in Orion web console ? (top banner)

• Re: New banner
          bshopp

In the web console go to Admin -> Web Console Settings and update Site Logo URL field

contracer

I did that , but I got this:

BryanBecker

I'd like to see the upper banner (Orion Network Performance Monitor) color match the colors on the page...like steel blue, army green, etc.  And it would be nice to put text in the space to the right of that in that open space.  Like a server name or something along that line.

BB

RogerWong

That means the webpage can't load the graphic using that URL. 

What's the URL you are using?

contracer

/NetPerfMon/images/new_banner.jpg

I put this jpg image in that folder.

contracer

Is there any way to change all this bars ?

bshopp

What do you mean specifically?  What do you want to do?

contracer

I want change this brown bars by blue bars...

smarvis

Theming these bars is a good idea, but we don't support that right now. If you want to hack a change to these bars you can:

1. Change the background color of the top bar by changing the #moduleList background color value in the /Orion/styles/MainLayout.css file.

2. Change the background color of the bottom bar by changing the #menuList background-color value and removing the two lines below it (background-image, background-repeat) in the same file.

Running the config wizard will blow away any changes you make to these files, so you would need to keep a backup and replace the MainLayout.css file after running the config wizard. If you want to do a lot of color customization, I would suggest using the firebug plug-in for Firefox. It allows you to point at any element on a web page and it will tell you what value in which file you need to change.

IniNOC

I am sure you have figured this out by now but others may find it useful. The color of the menu bar is dictated by a repeating gradient located in 'Orion/images/HeaderBannerArea/' folder. The filename is 'bg_navbar.gif'. The CSS element that loads this image is in the MainLayout.css file:

#menuList, .menuBar
                                          {
                                           background-color: black;
                                           background-image: url('../images/HeaderBannerArea/bg_navbar.gif');
                                           background-repeat: repeat-x;
                                          }

You can either remove the background-image line and change the background-color value, or replace the image with one you have edited (this is what I have done). 

As mentioned before, every time the configuration wizard is run it will overwrite the MainLayout.css and bg_navbar.gif files (kind of irritating). So remember to keep a backup handy.

acherman

This was pretty easy.  Go find the default Solarwinds.Logo.jpg file and rename it with a (for example) .old extension.  The place your image above in that same default folder and change it's name to Solarwinds.Logo.jpg.  Default location is //server/NetPerfMon/images/

It actually looks pretty cool there.  ;-)

That is the easy hack and as was said earlier, this may also get overwritten when you run the config wizard.  I am going to pay with the style sheets a bit, but you will need backups to be able to keep the changes around.