This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow Sources NOT showing up & what's the difference between FLOWS and RECORDS

We have VLANs doing Netflow on a Cisco 6000 switch, some of these VLANs are showing up as NETFLOW SOURCES but most are not. Why?

I did a packet capture at the Orion server for UDP 2055 and see where some devices which are doing Netflow are sending V5 FLOWS and some are sending V9 RECORDS. Why?

Thanks for any help!

• We have VLANs doing Netflow on a Cisco 6000 switch, some of these VLANs are showing up as NETFLOW SOURCES but most are not. Why?

A flow record always contains and input and output interface index.   If one of these indexes maps to a monitored NTA source (must be managed in Orion), it will show up as receiving NetFlow.

I did a packet capture at the Orion server for UDP 2055 and see where some devices which are doing Netflow are sending V5 FLOWS and some are sending V9 RECORDS. Why?

Some older devices (or IOS) probably only support NetFlow v5.   Newer devices (or IOS) may only support v9.

• Chris - I've opened a case on this. I still don't see those Netflow Sources in NTA that I think should be there. Thanks.