Steve, thanks for the post. I've been meaning to try out this configuration myself in our lab. I think the issue you're experiencing is because the interface indexes set in the flows aren't monitored in Orion NTA (they don't exist) so the flows are being discarded.
I found these additional config options on nProbe's site:
[--in-iface-idx|-u] <in dev idx> | Index of the input device used in the
| emitted flows (incoming traffic). If no
| value is set, the input device is
| dynamically set to the last two bytes of
| the MAC address of the flow sender.
[--out-iface-idx|-Q] <out dev idx> | Index of the output device used in the
| emitted flows (outgoing traffic). If no
| value is set, the output device is
| dynamically set to the last two bytes
| of the MAC address of the flow receiver.
If you can add all of the laptop's interfaces as monitored NTA sources and then set nProbe to set those as the input and output interface index, this might work. Let me know how it goes.
This isn't NTA I'm using... it's the free Real-Time Netflow Analyzer version. Let me know if I've posted this in the wrong place. I've got all interfaces added.
Sorry about that. It should work with NetFlow Realtime as well as long as nProbe spits out v5. However, I believe the same still applies. If it sees interface indexes that don't exist, it will simply drop the flows. You'll need to try configuring nProbe with the settings I described and map that to actual interface indexes on your exporting nProbe server.