3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 9:52 AM by chris.lapoint

WHY WHY WHY

SLXer

While i appreciate the effort Solarwinds has been making across the board to improve the portal interface for many of the suites components. There is some irony in the fact that although cosmetically it looks better its actually less useful to me.

I am at a loss at how having viewing options this contained is going to meet the needs of broader target audince. Less flexability = less application = less useful.

ie: NCM, try viewing a Inventory / routing table on a core device. Useless. The table is split into 53 pages. No export option. No print option. No option to just view the whole list. I am forced to go directly to the device to view this information. This does kind of defeat the purpose of having NCM.

So primary feature requests (Pretty much for the entire Solarwinds Suite):

1. Better user control over portal display.

3. User can define what (fields or other)  to display

2. Export options

3. Print options

Joomla can export and print portal components.. anywho. there it is. I hope im not in the minority on this and i hope this feedback is helpful.

• Re: WHY WHY WHY
          chris.lapoint

SLXer, good feedback.  We definitely understand there is more work to do there, but as always, we prioritize on what the majority of customers are requesting most.   NCM website usability (at least specific to inventory) actually hasn't come up much at all, so we've turned our focus to other If you're curious as to what we're working on....   

So that said, if others are watching this thread, please chime in.   For internal folks, this is being tracked as #4450 

SLXer

Chris, You may have broken a record in my book with your response time to this post. I try not to post unless i come accross something i feel would be helpful to bring to the table. I know the list never ends but its good to know you guys are listening.

chris.lapoint

No worries.  I appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback.   It's helpful to know what areas of the products are starting to get used more and more.   The inventory area is a section we've wanted to work on for a while, but it's hard to justify without any customer requests.  

We're always listening so please keep the feedback coming ;-)