This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Huawie

dears,

i am new to orion performance monitor.

if i want to monitor Huawie dslam which already support snmp v1,2,3.

is it possible using Orion all i want is to monitor dslam reachability , ATM ports status and utilization ?

thanks, 

• The best bet is just to add it to Orion and see what happens.  We do have some known issues with these devices, which we have in our system.  If we don't monitor something out of the box, you should be able to use the Universal Device Poller utility in Orion to gather the info you are looking for.

• thanks for your fast response :D.

but i want to know if the OID i want to monitor isn't added or listed in Orion database, can i add it in universal device poller utility (make a cutom MIB)?, or the custom MIB is a grouping of many OID that already listed in orion database (that i saw in toturial)?

• please any one has a replay to my question

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to perthachy

but i want to know if the OID i want to monitor isn't added or listed in Orion database, can i add it in universal device poller utility (make a cutom MIB)?, or the custom MIB is a grouping of many OID that already listed in orion database (that i saw in toturial)?

The OID does NOT need to be in the Orion MIB database.  Just enter the OID in the UnDP user interface, and it will poll that OID.