This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM Trouble with a specific trap

NPM its having troubles with a Huawei DLSAM due that the trap for IF-MIB:ifOutUcastPkts its not suported on that machine (Huawei Support will take ages in fix this),  Since the information of that trap its useless to me, i wonder if there a way to make NPM skip it, so i can store the data and information of that interface.  Seems to fit that due to the error return on that trap NPM drops all the stats info on the interface regardless of their correct information.

Thanks

• CMarulan - I am assuming that by traps you mean MIBs. If that is the case, you should be able to uncheck all the traffic stats for the interface, and it should then be able to collect the other stats for the interface.

To do this, right mouse click the device in System Manager, and select "List Resources", and then deselect the traffic stats on the affected interfaces as necessary.

HTH,

Greg

• You are correct i mean the MIB.  Still what i mean its that i do need the other information the system can give and keep track like state, last change, traffic historic and all that, so basically i need to monitor the interface, its just that the MIB with the trouble its not that usefull for my this time, so maybe there's a turn around with this MIB, since all the other MIBs are right, and important to me.

Thanks