This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CBQoS feature not shown up on existing device after upgrade to NTA 3.5

Guys, I recently upgrade from NTA 3.1 to 3.5 because 3.5 version support CBQoS feature.

What I still dont't get it is how can I show this new feature to my existing view.

I RTFM and it just mentioned it will automatically pool.

I added below field to my interface detail view but it's not appear.

- CBQoS Policy Details

- CBQoS Drops

- CBQoS Post-Policy Class Map

- CBQoS Pre-Policy Class Map

Well, it appeared only after I deleted one device and added it again.

Is there any simpler way?

Thanks,

Ananda

• Can you confirm the following about the interfaces you which to receive CBQoS data on:

1. Interfaces are added to Orion as managed interfaces

2. Interfaces are added to NTA as monitored interfaces

• I can confirm it is managed on NPM and NTA

• Do you have CBQoS policies configured on each of those interfaces?   If no CBQoS policies are configured, the resources won't appear on drill-down to those interface details views.

• May not be your issue but you have to add the interface where the service policy is to NTA.  So your QOS interface and your netflow interface may be 2 different ones which means they both have to be added.

For example if you use frame-relay and have your flows coming from a subinterface but the service policy is on the physical interface they both need to be in netflow so you see your flows AND your QOS stats.

• I am having a similar issue with CBQoS metrics. We use CBQoS nested policies on our WAN edge devices.

Just to make it clear, the packets come in on the LAN interface, are marked with the appropriate DSCP values and then on egress at WAN interface, are policed. So any/all drops would occur on the egress (WAN) interface. Now the WAN interfaces are a mix of ATM, FR, GigE.

However, what I have noticed is that there is no data for CBQoS on the WAN interfaces, I can just see the data being marked on the ingress (LAN) interface. Since there is no drops on the that interface, the info is of little value.

Is there any way to see the drops on the egress interface??
    And yes, I have got the WAN and LAN interfaces in NTA as well as NPM as monitored interfaces, the WAN interface also sends Netflow information to NTA, which is working fine.

Any thoughts on this?

• This is happening to us as well.  I can see all the netflow data from these interfaces and they're monitored in NPM.  Deleting the device isn't an option for us.  Any solution for this yet?

• It's difficult to tell if your particular issue is related to the others.   For those experiencing issues with CBQoS charts showing data, please open a support ticket and include reference this thread.   We'll need to get the diagnostics to  get to the bottom of your specific issue.

Thanks,

-Chris

• Seem that NTA can't read CBQoS in sub-interface.

Most of my interface is sub-interface frame-relay point to point with service-policy in the map-class.

Anyone having the same issue?

• You must have the interface with the actual service-policy in netflow.  That interface only will show the stats.

• Seem that NTA can't read CBQoS in sub-interface.

Most of my interface is sub-interface frame-relay point to point with service-policy in the map-class.

Anyone having the same issue?

Please open a ticket with support and include a reference to this thread.  We've got a revised query that allows for CBQoS from subinterfaces.   This will be resolved permanently in the next release.