This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM and Windows Active Directory

Hi there,

Please can someone tell me how to go about and what things should be considered when planning to integrate the NPM 9.5 and its users into a Windows Active Directory environment. We are planning to authenticate the users that are logging onto the NPM using both remote and local web and Remote Desktop via an AD setup. Am I right in thinking that the currently created NPM user accounts will need to be recreated in a domain style format, i.e. Domain\username instead of just Username?

Or can the users logging onto the NPM web console remotely and from the logged on Windows server launching the NPM web console locally simply only needs to enter their login credentials in a domain style format?

Also, what TCP/IP ports and traffic flow directions are used in this arrangement for the purpose of AD authentication?

Regards, Wynford