This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Rescan device

Hello,

I don't know if I'm totally blind but is there a way to refresh device properties (like hostname).

I changed hostname on several switches (they are managed via SNMP) but NPM doesn't seem to update entries.

Is there a way to rescan device to pickup new names without deleting/adding the device or editing it manually ?

Thank you

• I could be wrong, but I think this change would be picked up during the rediscovery cycle of the node.  If you go into Node Management in the web console, search for your device, check the box next to the devices you want to rediscover, then go to the More Actions drop down list and select Rediscover from the list.  By default, I think Orion rediscovers nodes every 30 minutes.  I remember a few versions ago, some users had problems when they updated the description filed on an interface, rediscovering the interface didn't always update the interface description in Orion. If the rediscovery doesn't work, you might want to call support to see if they have any ideas.

• thanks for the anwser

I just tried it and nothing change. Hostname and SNMP location aren't updated

:(

• Have you tried using System Manager, find the node and highlight it then right click and select REFRESH NODE? (this typically works for me with these type of changes).

• I want to add something.

In node details, System name seems to be updated. But the "primary" name isn't updated

•  Ok I tried the "refresh node" but it doesn't seem to work

Rediscover from the web interface "works". Node details (hostname, location, contact,etc..) are updated. But name you see everywhere (overview, entry in perf manager) isn't updated

To be precised :

Node Name : not updated

System name : updated

all other info : updated

edit :

I think we can close this, this seems to be a known bug