This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Device Elements drops after SP4

I had a post on this a few weeks ago, where I asked why after SP4 did my elements count dropped drastically on both my pollers.  The answer was that wireless devices were pulled from the counts.

My question now is, is that not somewhat false as those devices are being polled as well or are they not and thats why they were pulled from the counts?

Just trying to clarify.

• Pre SP4 what was being counted against the license and was a bug was for the thin AP associated to the controller, for each thin AP channel, a virtual interface was being automatically created in NPM.  So if you had a a/b/g thin AP, that was counted as three interfaces.  So we fixed that bug in SP4.  A license get's counted for the controller and any physical interfaces on the controller, but not the thin AP's.  If that does not make sense send me a PM and we can chat offline

• Awesome explanation thank you very much.