6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 3:30 PM by mlandman

How to check the unmanage devices

Hi.

I am new to Orion. I have unmanage the device for a future schedule maintenance window. But i am not sure how to verify that device is unmagaged and from which time to which time, Because i could not see on the " Unmanage Nodes"  table on the Home page. I am wondering whether that only shows currently unmanaged devices and not future schedule unmanaged devices.

Thanks..

ragu

• Re: How to check the unmanage devices
          DonC72

Good question, I am wondering the same thing.  For those that know, is it possible to have these devices listed on a page and/or have an email sent out to folks letting them know that xyz has been unmanaged?

denny.lecompte

When you look at an unmanaged device, the icon for that device is no longer a green dot.  It's a blue dot with a white x through it.  It should appear that way everywhere in the UI.

HI Denny LeCompte

Yes, You are correct. But this blue dot with a white x appears only during the period of unmanage of the devices. But let say i am unmanageing a future event how do i know whether that device is already unmanaged for that period or not. In addition, I have unmanaged a device for a future maintenance activity, But the activity is canceled, then how do i remanage the switch with out waiting till the unmanaged time ( when i can see device with blue dot saying unmanaged) ?. 

thanks,

ragu

mlandman

Here is one solution (custom SQL report SQL)

declare @offset int

SET @offset = DateDiff(hour, GetUTCDate(), GetDate())

select Caption,

case

when UnManaged = 0 then 'no'

when UnManaged = 1 then 'yes'

END

as MMode, dateadd(HOUR, @offset, UnManageFrom) as UnManageFrom, dateadd(HOUR, @offset, UnManageUntil)  as UnManageUntil, nodeID as NodeID from nodes

where Contact like 'Linux%' and UnManageFrom not like '%1899%' and dateadd(HOUR, @offset, UnManageUntil) >  CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

This returns the following in SQL Studios:

Caption                                  MMode    UnManageFrom                        UnManageUntil                             NodeID

Server_Name_1                     yes          2016-02-29 19:15:00.000         2016-05-31 18:15:00.000           1

A_different _Server_Name     yes         2016-02-29 19:17:00.000          2016-05-31 18:17:00.000           2

It yields a report like this: