3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 1:46 PM by chris.lapoint

Custom Bandwidth

I subscribe to this as a service.  My Vendor insists that a custom bandwidth cannot be set for my interface because I have a Cisco ASA5510.  I am wondering if this is the case as I cannot find any reason in the manual.

• Re: Custom Bandwidth
          chris.lapoint

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question.   Are you asking to see "top talker" information (e.g. top protocols consuming bandwidth, top application consuming bandwidth) for your Cisco ASA5510 and are being told you cannot?

No, I'm looking for something really simple.  I want the radial dials for the recv & xmit utilization percent to have some bearing.  right now they are set to 100Mbps and my total bandwidthis a t1.

chris.lapoint

Ok, gotcha.  This is an NPM interface setting (not related to NetFlow).   As you saw from the docs, NPM allows you to configure custom bandwidth for any interface being managed in Orion, so it isn't a product limitation issue.   There must be some other reason why configuring custom bandwidth on your Cisco ASA interfaces is an issue.