2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 10:12 AM by r0berth1

SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor - Reports

Hiya

I am a new member, i don't know if this is the right forum to post .

Under Reports what do SUM_of_RecvXmitErrors and  SUM_of_RecvXmitDiscards mean ??

I have got an interface on my switch and 3 interfaces on cisco asa firewall keep giving

variable numbers for those  ... I would like to know what causes these. I have tried the

help tab on the gui but didn't get anything .. THANKS

• Re: SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor - Reports

Hello bilgisayar,

Normally those values will increase over time, but you could see them decrease if the interface counters are reset.

Hope that helps.

• Re: SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor - Reports
            r0berth1

the SUM_of_RecvXmitErrors: Common Causes: This includes runts, giants, no buffer, CRC, frame, overrun, and ignored counts. Other input-related errors can also cause the input errors count to be increased, and some datagrams can have more than one error. Therefore, this sum cannot balance with the sum of enumerated input error counts.

and the SUM_of_RevcXmitDiscards: Common Causes: One possible reason to discard such a packet can be to free up buffer space. but usuall, this is due to Speed/Duplex not being set on both sides of the link. Example - switchport is set to 100/full and a PC plugged into that port is set to Auto/Auto. Fix would be to hard code both the switch port and pc to 100/full.