10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2009 3:31 PM by davbyrd

Orion Web Error

xbod

We are trying to figure when this started.  We think it was when we went to OPM 9.5 sp3, I applied 9.5sp4 yesterday.

Whenever I click on an interface in the Top 10 NetFlow Sources box on the Summary screen, I get the following error:

• Re: Orion Web Error

I suggest you open a support ticket for this one.

xbod

Will do.  Figured I'd see if anyone had run across it and had a quick fix.  Thanks!

davbyrd

You're in luck - I've seen this a few times.

Basically put - the NetFlow views were built with no resources (most likely during an upgrade)

Simply delete those views - and then re-run the configuration wizard (Database and Website) - and your views will be restored.

xbod

By views do you mean remove the Top XX Netflow Sources...  from the summary screen?  Do you mean remove the netflow sources?  Then run the wizard? 

I've done both of these and re-run the wizard a few times.  No luck.

davbyrd

No, delete the actual view from "Manage Views"... If you are not able to do it from the web console, you can follow these instructions:

** As with any database manipulation - please ensure you have a working backup prior to completing these steps:

Open the Database Manager

Expand the Orion Database - and the Tables

Double-click on the "Views" table

Select "Run-Query" and hit "Refresh"

Select "Read-Write" Query

Right-click on the ROW for your NetFlow View(s) and select "Delete Selected Rows"

Now re-run the config wizard

xbod

Ahhh, ok.  I found it in Manage Views.  Delete every Netflow entry?

davbyrd

Most likely yes - You're key indicator will be to "edit" the view - and if there are no resources in the view - go ahead and delete the entire view...

Your other option is to "rebuild" the view by adding the appropriate resources, but this can be more time consuming that just deleting the view and running the config wizard.

Hope this helps you and any others out there,

DB

xbod

Not having much luck with this.  I deleted just the view called Netflow interface details to start because I got the same message when i clicked to Edit that one. 

I can't delete them from Manage Views because they are 'System Views'.

I deleted just that one from database manager and reran the config wizard.  Now that won't complete because of this error, and also, so far every time I've run the config wizard none of the Solarwinds services restart.  I have to manually restart them.   I think I'll open a ticket now.