3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2009 4:34 AM by Joe Public

The Old ISDN Question

Joe Public

We are on 9.5 SP 3 and i want to monitor our ISDN interfaces and show a visible alert when they come active.

I've set the interfaces to unplugged but although i do get a useful email now, the status of the node doesn't change and i get no visible alert to the fact that an ISDN infterface has just come up. I would like some knid of warning, that can be seen on the web interface.

Could someone point me to a solution to this? I was under the impression this was available on this release.

• Re: The Old ISDN Question
          Joe Public

Never mind ... i've got it working.

Thanks for sharing.....

Joe Public

Well as this was another half arsed attempt by solarwinds at giving us ISDN monitoring, the way to do it is quite long winded. I don't know why this should be so difficult, WhatsUpGold has provided this for about the last 8 years., however here's what i did.

First all of the ISDN interfaces that receive connecctions i marked as unplugged. This was a pain as we have 12 ISDN 30 lines that required each individual interface marking. Thats 360 interfaces which you can't even do in a batch :-(

Next i created a map and put all the unplugged interfaces on the map, so when an interface makes a connection it flags as up.

Lastly .. just so it was more clear to our service desk, i changed the Unplugged icon to be a large red trianlge (downloaded from the web and replaced the solarwinds as there is very little choice in Network Atlas - another really weak piece of software) so that its normal status would be down and when up would change to a green circle.

So a very long winded solution to what should be such an easy task.