8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2013 3:43 PM by Detroiter

Custom properties.  Can see in the Cuscom Properties Editor. Can not see it from NPM WEB

I can see and edit Custom Properties which I have created using Cuscom Properties Editor.

But I can not see it from NPM WEB interface.

Any idea why?

Thank you.

• Re: Custom properties.  Can see in the Cuscom Properties Editor. Can not see it from NPM WEB
          bshopp

Can you tell me more about your environment/install setup?  

• Re: Custom properties.  Can see in the Cuscom Properties Editor. Can not see it from NPM WEB
              mark wiggans

If you have the custom fields themselves already defined, you can populate the values of them via the web console with Manage Nodes.  If you go Admin -> Manage Nodes, you can select one or more devices and select Edit Properties or if you want to populate properties on Interfaces, you can select Interfaces in the drop down box next to "Show:" at the top of the window and select one or more interfaces and select Edit Properties.

Also try updating the Report Schemas

From the Orion Server
              Open the Custom Property Editor
              Right click on the grey area after Help
              Select Customize…
              On the Customize screen select Commands
              Scroll down to Update Report Schemas
              Left click and drag Update Report Schemas to the grey area after Help
              Press the lightning bolt button

You should get a pop-up that says "Custom Properties have been added to all Report Schemas"

flgale

I am having similiar issue with Custom Property Editor.  When I add a Predefined or build from scratch for any Node, Interface or Volume, they show up in the Editor, but not the NPM Web.  I am running NPM v9.5 SP3 with extra Web console patched also.  I do not see the new Custom Properties when adding, modifying or viewing the item, but I do see properties created a long time ago in a version/patch far older.  I also tried that Update Reports Schemas button and didn't do anything in regards to the Web Site.

I have tried it. It did not help.

I have 9.5 SP3. SQL Server is installed on dedicated server.

I can clearly see it in the Custom Property Editor.

I have tried to simulate it in the lab. My lab server shows all properties on the web page.

Production NPM does not show these new properties on the web page.

I can see it (at least for the Node) on the All Nodes / Edit page (under Show Filter Examples).

But when I run Manage Nodes and do Edit Properties I cannot see it.

I believe when you add properties to the SQL database you also update web pages templates to show those properties.

And this particular part has failed.

Could we do something like Update Report Schemas? For example Update Web Pages?

Thank you.

I have 9.5 SP3. SQL Server is installed on dedicated server.

I can see new Custom property in Custom Property Editor.

I have tried to simulate it in the lab. My lab server shows all properties on the web page.

Production NPM does not show these new properties on the web page.

I can see it in parts with the Web interface (at least for the Node) on the All Nodes / Edit page (under Show Filter Examples).

But when I run Manage Nodes and do Edit Properties I cannot see it.

I believe when you add properties to the SQL database you also update web pages templates to show those properties.

And this particular part has failed.

Could we do something like Update Report Schemas? For example Update Web Pages?

Thank you.

flgale

I have done more testing and have found out that the problem is only on the Additional Web Server and not the main web server on the main polling engine server. I have a trouble ticket opened up with SolarWinds and will let you know what they say.

Frank

flgale

Below is what I got back from Support.  They told me that I need to copy over the updated schema files, which I have not had to do in the past.  I had previously done Step 4 as mentioned before, but steps 2 and 3 were key.  Also, it looks like it needs to be done anytime you create, modify or delete any Custom Node/Interface/Volume Property.

Here is some information I gathered from a co-worker on Schemas that need to be moved when it comes to additional web servers.

(1)

Copy your Reports to additional Webserver.

(2)

You might have the following schema's to copy over Schemes too.

They are located in:
                            C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion
                            or C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Network Performance Monitor V7

From Folder above, copy OrionReportWriter.Schema to the corresponding folder on the webserver.

Note: There may be a few more schemas in Orion Folder to, so copy them to Webserver also (see below).

Theres are a half dozen or so of these Schemas,
                            I.E.
                            APM-OrionReportWriter.schema
                            Voip-OrionReportWriter.Schema
                            OrionReportWriter.Schema

etc...

(3) 

C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\Schema\ 

Also Copy Schema Folder to Webserver.

(4)

Few Steps should resolve this, some you have done already:

Launch the Custom Property Editor.
                            Place your mouse somewhere on the toolbar.
                            Right-click and select "Customize".
                            In the box that pops up, select the "Commands" tab.
                            Scroll to the bottom of the "Commands" window on the right.
                            Drag and drop "Update Report Schemas" to your toolbar.
                            Double-click on the new icon.

Frank