This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Network Atlas Maps

I just upgraded to 9.5 SP3 and now I am using Network atlas rather then the old Mapmaker. 

I seem to have run into a hurdle, With the old mapmaker I had a map for each site with the sites Visio as the background (saved as a gif) when I updated the Visio with any changed I simply saved a GIF copy to the “Program files\Solarwinds\Orion\Maps” folder and it automatically changed the background shown on the website.  This is not the case with network atlas.  Does anyone know of an easy way to accomplish this?  We have enough site that it seems we are always changing something at one of them and do not want to go into Network atlas and reselect the background every time if I don’t need to. 

• Maps and images are now stored in the database with 9.5, so you would need to update the DB

• An alternate way would be to use a Linked Background instead of a background from disk. You can upload the visio.gif background to your web server, and then add a linked background of http://myserver/visio.gif.  The next time you update the visio.gif file on your web server, the map will automatically use the new graphics as the background.

Selecting a Background Image

In the Web Console, map background images linked from the Internet are updated whenever the map is redrawn.

To link a background image from the Internet:

1. Click the Home tab, then click Background >Linked Background.

2. Type the URL of the image you want to use, and then click OK.

• Thanks,

I tried the linked background and that seemed to work.  Once all the links are setup it should make it work the way it was before.