This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Script to clear alert and/or event as triggered/reset action

Is it possible to run vb script or external program which will clear advanced alert after and matching event lets say 5 or 15 min after trigger event occur?

At the moment, I have alert configured to send email as alert action and I would like to have another action taken. I would like to have alarm and matching event cleared in 15 minutes.

Event which I am trying to handle is not like a fire. It is just some capacity alert which should be taken care but I do not want to see this alert and event in the list of active ones longer than 15 min.

Thank you.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Is it possible to run vb script or external program which will clear advanced alert after and matching event lets say 5 or 15 min after trigger event occur?

Advanced Alerts are in SQL, so you if you can trigger a SQL script to run, you can do it.  For what you describe, however, you could just set a trigger and a reset action so that the alert blinks on and off, but an email or some other action is taken to let you know.   Seems like it would be simpler.

• Do you mean that I could configure reset action with something like "i1 is equal 1" as reset condition?

Thank you.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to lter

If you set reset condition = trigger condition, the alert will fire and reset while the condition is true.  But that doesn't clear the alert.  It just has it off, so I'm not sure if that's what you need.