This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Universal Device Poller Enumeration Web Display

I have created a poller to determine the state of the C-Link (SS7) connection between two STPs. The OID values are:

1 - Disconnected

2 - Connected

3 - Reconnecting

My issue is that all I can display is the Chart option (Gauge option complains that there are no statistic results)and that does not use the mapped values just the numbers.  Is there a way of displaying the enumerated status?  The only examples that I have found in the forum are for tables which is not applicable in this case.

Thanks

NPM 9.5 SP3

SQL 2005

Windows 2003

• I found the same problem for the status of a radio I want to poll.

errorFree(0)
        errored(1)
        severelyErrored(2)
        unavailable(3)

I mapped the enumeration values but they are not used for the chart.

Depending on the resolution of the chart and polling interval it will show factional values such as 0.5 even though the status is composed of integer values.

• I have the exact same problem.  I'm polling the ciscoEnvMonFanState OID.   The enumerations are mapped as

normal(1)

warning(2)

etc.

It only allows me to choose a speedometer (which won't display) and only if I select to keep historical values it allows me to choose a chart, which only displays the numeric value.

I would think this should allow a Table output, but it's not an option.

Surely this is a bug?

• Has anyone found out how to display the enumerated values yet?

• Hi,

to show chart for ciscoEnvMonFanState you need to right click the poller and select Edit.

- Change Keep Historical data to Yes.

- Then right click the poller again and select Web Display. The option Chart will be available.

Roman

• Roman, the question is how do we get the enumerated values to be displayed.  What you recommened just displays the OID values 0,1, 2 etc

• I have this same problem. I am using OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10893.1.20.130.4.1.4 and I cannot get it to display the enumeration values. This is for the Disk Status on a Dell Poweredge r410 Server. It does NOT report the text values but rather the number values. For example, it will display a number 3 on the chart when it should read " 3: Online". Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

• You can by going to customize page and adding the Universal Device Poller Status resource to the page.  This should read the enumerate values you are getting.  This will then auto show on any page that has pollers.  Now, one thing to note is that this will show the current status of ALL pollers assigned to the node, note just the enumeration pollers.

Thank you,

Matthew Harvey

Senior Sales Engineer

Loop1 Systems

• That is exactly what I needed. Thank you for your help.