3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2009 3:25 PM by Donald_Francis

Oron Website Problem 9.1sp5

kindbro

So it seems every couple months my website stops working and gives the normal critical error database blah blah blah. If you look at the network perf mon every thing looks fine all services running etc, I stop/start IIS in the manager and the website is still broke.

When you call support they say to just re-run the configuration wizard, but that gets old after a while and it sucks not know what the actual cause was.

Is anyone, or has anyone ever experienced this? Is there something I can do from an IIS perspective to stop this from happening? Is there maintenance I should do with IIS? Im confused and I just want to have a solid running web front end.

Thanks in advance.

Bret

• Re: Oron Website Problem 9.1sp5
          sotherls

Bret, not sure what 'exactly' the website issue is but when we have an 'anomoly' with ours I use this command from a CMD prompt. Fixes the problem 99.9% of the time. See if it works for you.

taskkill /s \\OrionServername /IM dllhost.exe /FI "USERNAME EQ SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE"

It is so common on one of our sites that I put this into a schedueld task to run every 30 minutes. That way I 'usually' don't see issues on that one.