This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Oron Website Problem 9.1sp5

So it seems every couple months my website stops working and gives the normal critical error database blah blah blah. If you look at the network perf mon every thing looks fine all services running etc, I stop/start IIS in the manager and the website is still broke.

When you call support they say to just re-run the configuration wizard, but that gets old after a while and it sucks not know what the actual cause was.

Is anyone, or has anyone ever experienced this? Is there something I can do from an IIS perspective to stop this from happening? Is there maintenance I should do with IIS? Im confused and I just want to have a solid running web front end.

Thanks in advance.

Bret

• Bret, not sure what 'exactly' the website issue is but when we have an 'anomoly' with ours I use this command from a CMD prompt. Fixes the problem 99.9% of the time. See if it works for you.

taskkill /s \\OrionServername /IM dllhost.exe /FI "USERNAME EQ SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE"

It is so common on one of our sites that I put this into a schedueld task to run every 30 minutes. That way I 'usually' don't see issues on that one.

• Interesting Sotherls. I have made note of your tip and will try this next time I have a problem. I appreciate the help.

Bret

And the "USERNAME" is that the one that connects to the DB?

• SolarWinds does have some really talented engineers who know the products well.  But they are not usually the first people you talk too.

You might try letting them know this is a chronic issue and ask for a next level engineer.

Everytime I have gotten to the level 2 people I have always come away happy.