This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Device Templates Cisco FWSM Security Contexts

I am helping a customer get a cost effective archiving solution put in place.  They are using Cisco Firewall Service Modules with virtual security contexts on the firewalls.  The problem with archiving these devices is that each context has its own separate config file, that is only access through a single sign on IP address.  To get to the context configurations you have to run the command changeto context (context name). I would like to create a custom template that allows me to either:

a.)  Have a field that is called context and the add a command to the download portion of the script that calls to that field.

The command would be: changeto context (context name) where context name would call to the text inputted in the newly created context field

Then run the commands required to download the configs to a file.

b.) Create a custom template for each context with the command changeto context (context name)

Then run the commands required to download the configs to a file.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!