Have been spending a bit of time with IPAM over the past week, importing many IPs, manually adding hundreds of subnets, etc.
I am sure some of these are already covered in the wishlist and other threads, but if duplicated it at least will let you know that is yet one more customer desiring a feature.
1) Ability to define "named" ranges within a subnet. I am sure there are other creative ways to do this, but essentially I want to identify certain addresses as belonging to a particular function. For example, to clearly identify them as belonging to a DHCP scope. A custom field could perhaps do this, but would like better visual representation, like a collapsable section.
2) Abiltity to multi-select IPs as a range instead of individually clicking the little checkboxes.
3) Abiltiy to subsquent edit common properties of multiple IPs (like custom fields).
4) Ability to set transient scan on a subnet-by-subnet basis (or range basis ... see comment 1).
5) Expanding columsn for things like Display Name and Description ... they are current fixed ... we have wide screens and should be able to expand the columns to see all detail. In fact, give us the ability to add columns to the left side view ... like custom properties.
6) I'd like to have the list of subnets display either a subnet name or the network address and sort correctly. When creating a new subnet, the default is to assign a name that matches the IP network address / prefix. I like this, but because it is a "name" field it doesn't sort as an intelligent IP Address field would (i.e. 10.10.x.x will be listed before 10.2.x.x).
7) Would like to double-click a single IP address to open the EDIT dialog.
8) Subnet Wizard, add a field for the "Name" of the supernet. Currently this field isn't present and so the supernet is added with the supernet network address for the name ... meaning an additional edit afterwards. Supernet fields should include the same as if you added it manually.
9) Subnet Wizard, subnet properties like VLAN ID just don't make sense here ... VLAN IDs are typically unique per subnet ... so expand the subnet list and allow users to make individual edits.
10) Groups within Supernets ... or something akin to "named ranges" appying at the subnet level. Consider for example a collection of three /23 nets that all share the common characteristic of "location". It wouldn't be correct to place them all into a single /21 supernet that ommits one of the /23 as it really tells you something different.
11) Default global Scan Interval so I don't have to change it each time I add a subnet ... and get rid of the slider or add the ability to just enter a number directly.
12) Subnet Importing ...the wizard helps, but boy it would be nice to have a CSV import functio to include network address and prefix size. And once that is done the ability to define a "supernet" and automatically list imported subnets for inclusion.
13) I *have* to have the ability to segment portions of address space for select users to have assignment capability while not allowing them access to others.
14) For as much as possible, tight integration with NPM ... for features like role assignment, IPAM should honor the limitations of the NPM account. SNMP details should option synch between ... if I know the system name, description, contact, etc. from NPM I shouldn't have to do a separate scan to pull that into IPAM.