3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2009 8:25 PM by denny.lecompte

Active Directory integration

I'm reading over the documentation and there appears to be AD integration, but with pass through credentials, which is not what I want.     Is there any way to have Orion just use simple LDAP to prompt the user for username/password and check that against an AD securely?

Thanks

• Re: Active Directory integration
          brian_duvall

This has been requested by all for years and dev/support has this request logged. One of those "should be in next release" type of deals.

If not in the next release I will start to doubt it will be done.  I have used Solarwinds since version 8 and with every release have been disappointed this has not been addressed.  I too feel that passthru is NOT good enough.  The ability to do AD/LDAP group assignment to Solarwinds roles would be the best solution.

denny.lecompte

This has been requested by all for years and dev/support has this request logged. One of those "should be in next release" type of deals.

Yes, it has been requested  for years, but really, we have not promised "next release".  We want to do this, but we've always put other things in front of it.  I assure you that we won't put it off forever.

bshopp

Not currently this is an open feature enhancements we have on the list for a future release