This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Engineers Toolset v10.2 Network Performance Monitor refuses to shutdown

I have a consistent problem with Network Performance Monitor v9.07 within the Engineers Toolset V10.2.33.  When I go to shutdown, it hangs and the CPU utilization goes to 50% on a Windows XP SP2,Pentium Dual Core 2.49GHZ 1 gig ram. The computer has ABSOLUTELY nothing else (other than essential services)running. I have shutdown all no related processes.

When Netperfmon runs CPU untilization for the process is 12% when I shutdown it consistently hags at 50% for the process and NEVER shuts down.

I update the SW today from 10.0 to 10.2 with no resolve. My contact to support has also proved fruitless, so I hope that someone may have a fix for this issue. I think this is the root cause of a related database maintenance failure that I have seen.

Please consider and comment as appropriate,

• techtips - I am concerned that the version of NPM is showing 9.x, it is as if NPM did not get updated.  Can you please verify the file version of Network-Performance-Monitor.exe in the Toolset install folder?

If the file version is correct,would you be able to do a a GotoMeeting?

--Greg

• techtips, can you provide your support ticket number? I can look into this.

• As in the email response yesterday, the system was born 10.0 something 3 months ago, I updated to 10.2 to correct the issue of Maintenance failing and NPM failing to shut down. The version I posted is directly from the About screen in NPM it is 9.x version and the Engine is 9.x.

I cannot join a GotoMeeting because I traveled 5 hours and work all day to correct the problem and have since left the site.

Is the version a root cause, because the version does not matter to me, the performance of whatever version does.

• TechTips - That make a little more sense... The NPM you are referring to is Orion NPM which is currently on version 9.x (Toolset does not have separate engine).  I know you could care less about which one, but in order for us to help, its kind of important.  I was afraid that your toolset install was corrupted.

I will forward this post to someone who should be able to assist.

--Greg

• As in the email response to you yesterday 110990, hopefully this will get a response