1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 5:25 AM by Ciag

Help with Advanced Alert on a Univeral Poller

rob6962

Ok I have been trying to get this work porperly but i am running into deadend repeatedly.

I have a custom poller for OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.22395.11.2.  The OID returns raw values with a format of enumeration. I have done the map values for the raw value and it comes back with 1 - idle and 2 - running.

I have this OID showing in the 5 nodes and the chart show it as 2.  That is fine we know what 2 means, i wish it would say idle or running though but that is another thread.

What i am trying to do is to get an alert based on the OID.  I have tired so many combinations and none of them report.

I have the following so far.

trigger alert when all of the following apply

Poller Name is equal to dylogicPsemsStatus

Here is where i have tried so many combinations i am not sure.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Rob

• Re: Help with Advanced Alert on a Univeral Poller
          Ciag

Hi Tom,

I use custom pollers regularly with Advanced alerts and they work great using the following method.

If you are trying to create an alert based on the output value of your undp(let's say '1' or 'idle').One of the ways you can build the trigger is as follows. Note: below is an example of one of my own trigger.

"trigger alert when all of the following apply

MIB is equal to ISDN-MIB:isdnBearerOperStaus

Rate is equal to 4"

Where the rate is the value returned from the device when it is polled on the specified  OID.

If this is not what you're looking for or it doesn't work for you let me know

HTH

Regards