This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

solarwinds network atlas

I have a problem with network atlas.  I am trying to delete a map that i have made on network atlas, but it keeps giving me an error saying that "Map could not be deleted, it is in use by "adminrl" on computer since 7/29/2009". 

I was RDP to the server when i was making this map and then log off.  I log back in using network atlas from my DESKTOP after that i log back out again since it was giving me all kinds of problems.  So i RDP to my server to do the maps again but it started giving me the error.  Here is the things i have done so far.

I rebooted the server still saying its lock.

i rebooted my desktop but it still saying it is lock.

I shut down my desktop since that is the machine that suppose to be the culprit causing the lock but still no luck. 

I have unistall and reinstall the network atlas program but the map are still there and i still cant delete it because it is lock.

My question is where are my maps stored so i can directly delete it and also what am i doing wrong with network atlas "is this a common bug"

• Maps are stored in the database in 9.5.  We have the lock in place so users do not step on each other and overwrite one another trying to work on the same map.  Are you sure you don't have an Atlas logged in somewhere else?  Might need to open a support ticket, I have not heard of any other users having locking issues

• All maps locked by the current user are unlocked when that user logs into Network Atlas.  So you should be able to log into Network Atlas as "adminrl" on any machine and it should unlock the map.  But if that doesn't work, you can go into the MapStudioFiles table.  There are three columns of interest: LockUser, LockDate, and ComputerName; set all three to NULL.

But please be very careful anytime you directly edit the database, and only do this if the other method doesn't work.  Also, we reserve the right to change the database schema at any time.  If you're concerned with editing the database, you can open a Support ticket, and we can walk you through it.

• Where is this MapStudioFiles table default location?

• I  would recommend getting with Support to help you if you are going to go into the DB

• And will be useful to add diagnostics and name of map which is locked to support ticket.