3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2011 10:17 PM by nocode

Distribution Lists

nocode

Hi, I'm wondering is there a feature for creating distribution lists in Orion?  I found this post: Staff Information into Orion however we'd like avoid using that since there are times when are mailserver/mail filter can have a large queue.  When this happens, then getting paged will be delayed.  As mentioned in that post, we'd like to create the DL's so that when we add/remove people, we do not have to go through each alert and make the changes there. 

Thanks

• Re: Distribution Lists
          bshopp

So you can't create a dist-list on your email server?  That would be the quickest and easiest method.  Then you can add and remove people as you want to the list

nocode

We are doing that now, but as I mentioned, if our email server is queued up, we will not receive the pages right away.  Maybe not necessarily Distribution Lists in Orion, but rather accounts for email and SMS.

In our current monitoring system, we can set up accounts so that rather than going through our email server, we can get paged directly.  For real-time situations, this is critical.

nocode

Can I request this as a feature enhancement?  It really makes sense to be able to create Groups.  Each login can have an SMS and Email field.  Each login can be assigned to a group.  Groups can then be set in the Alerts.