This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Incorrect reporting of RAM usage on x64 servers w/SQL x64

FormerMember
FormerMember

Orion Version 9.5 sp2- though this has occurred in previous versions, so I don't believe that is very important.

We have 2 production machines that run Server 2003 x64 R2 Enterprise with SQL Server 2005 x64 Enterprise. Both of these servers show very odd RAM utilization graphs...yet I've noticed that the volume indication for the RAM is more accurate. Here's what I mean- in the below example, the server has 16GB of RAM installed, and I guarantee that nearly all of it is being used by SQL Server. This is on the server:

As you can see, there is very little available memory left. However, the graph on the Orion webpage is a bit different. It reports that less than 1GB is being used, yet the volumes listing show a more accurate representation with both the virtual and physical memory:

This began happening with an update that is described here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;918483

Any thoughts??? Thanks guys!