This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Changing Node Details.

Okay... I think I am a little lost.

This is what I am confused on.

When I click on a node to see information about it in the web console a bunch on information shows up on the left hand screen.  Starting with the gauges showing ping and packets.. below that there is a heading called "node details".  Further down the page there is a "Custom Node Details".  now I know that i can change the custom mode details but what I want to know is a) how the "Node Details" are populated and b) how can I change them?  I just don't want a bunch of redundant information or having like information in 2 places on the page.

I have a feeling the "Node Details" are populated by SNMP.  If that's the case then my ICMP only devices are out of luck, which is too bad. 

I am running NPM 9.1 SP2

Thanks!

• You are correct, information in the Node Details resource is obtained via SNMP. Therefore, you would update the SNMP configuration accordingly on each device to change this information.

• a) how the "Node Details" are populated and

b) how can I change them?  I just don't want a bunch of redundant information or having like information in 2 places on the page.

a) Via SNMP. Information's of the device captured by SW via SNMP

b) You need to choose either to view either custom node details or node details, it's up to you i guess.

You can removed one using admin account on web console or account that has administrative rights

b.1.) admin>manage view> highlight node details by clicking it> edit

b.2.) on your left column click node details or custom node details, then click x to removed it on your node details

b.3.) You can edit custom node details via custom property editor in your orion NPM primary server

• Thank you very much to the 2 of you.  I appreciate you're quick replies to this.

You answered my questions exactly.  Thank you neilmborilla for providing me such detail on how to deal with my issue!