2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2009 7:05 PM by Donald_Francis

Cisco Support

I've recently been tasked with setting up NetFlow in a customer testing enviornment, this is a very diverse and dynamic network which changes daily. The powers that be would like to see if we can use NetFlow to our advantage in order to monitor traffic and troubleshoot issues as well.

I'm  having trouble finding a list of supported devices on the Cisco website, has anyone come across such a document? If so, please assist with pointing me in the general direction.

Thanks,

Ron

• Re: Cisco Support
          kweise

Ron,

Here is a supported devices matrix from Cisco's website.  (I attached the entire white paper to this post.)  Hope this helps!

Almost all Cisco devices support NetFlow since its introduction in the 11.1 train of Cisco IOS Software and because of this, NetFlow is most likely available in any devices in the network.

Table 1. NetFlow Recent Cisco Device Support Matrix

Device

Supported

Cisco 800, 1700, 2600

Yes

Cisco 1800, 2800, 3800

Yes

Cisco 4500

Yes

Cisco 6500

Yes

Cisco7200, 7300, 7500

Yes

Cisco 7600

Yes

Cisco 10000, 12000, CRS-1

Yes

Cisco 2900, 3500, 3660, 3750

No

• Re: Cisco Support
              Donald_Francis

While the above list is technically correct there is a gotcha.  With the 6500 and 4500 switches is depends on the supervisors you have installed.  For example the latest and greatest supervisor for the 4500 the Sup 6E is the fastest Sup but it does not support netlfow.  Also netflow in a switch platform like a 4500 or 6500 if the platform is very busy can overrun the TCAMs the area where the data is temp stored quite easily.