This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom poller values are not being summarized

Can anybody help me with this one?

I have configured three custom pollers in the Orion Universal Device Poller:

• laLoad (1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.3) - measures the load average of a Unix server in the last minute, the last 5 minutes and the last 15 minutes. Orion reports this as a metric with three values, one value per row.
  • rsVPagesIn (1.3.6.1.4.1.42.3.13.9) - measures the number of pages read from disk, one value per row.
  • rsVPagesOut (1.3.6.1.4.1.42.3.13.10) - measures the number of pages written to disk, one value per row.

I can graph all of these values on the Orion NPM interface; however, historical queries to laLoad only return NULL values. I only get answers when I select the "Status" column. Consequently, I can't summarize the laLoad values and thus I get a large number of data points per server; much larger than desktop applications such as Excel support ( > 65536 data rows).

For rsVPagesIn and rsVPages out, this does not happen and their values are correctly summarized. Does this happen because Orion NPM does not summarize data unless I use a single OID for each custom poller?

We run Orion NPM 9.1 SP5 here.

TIA,

Zarastro

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I'm looking at 9.5 and it would appear that we do summarize the values properly in the CustomPollerStatistics table(Detail, Hourly, Daily).  The key column in this case is the RawStatus field, if we can summarize, it's on this column.  I'll seem to remember us making a change in 9.5 to make this work properly though.

If you only have three values in the table, creating separate pollers may be your best option in the short term.