2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2009 3:34 PM by njoylif

Find a Vlan across the network

Is there a way with Orion NPM and Report Writer maybe or any tool in the set of Solarwinds products to run a scan or the network or utilize existing information in Orion to generate a report of all switches where a specific Vlan exists. We need to make changes to a Vlan across the entire infrastructure and this report would help us do that. If not in Solarwinds products, is there anyway to do it. Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Chris

• Re: Find a Vlan across the network
          jeff.stewart

You can do this using Solarwinds NCM product, but I don't think it's possible with Orion.

• Re: Find a Vlan across the network
            njoylif

I think you might be able to do this in Orion using SQL query or report writer using advanced SQL -- by looking for unrouted VLAN interfaces (assuming they are managed).
            See below -- notes are in between /*  and */

/*
            It appears Orion uses VLAN-xxx if unrouted, or V[L or l]xxx for routed vlan interfaces.
            so for arguments sake, lets say I want a list of devices with unrouted vlan-220...
            You would probably just want to grab the "FullName" field as that gives the <host name>-<interface name>
            type info
            */

select IFName, FullName, Caption, InterfaceName from interfaces where IFName like '%VLAN-220%'

/*
            If you want a list of devices with routed vlan-220 (vlan interface)...
            */

select FullName from interfaces where IFName like '%V[Ll]220%'