This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL 2000 to 2005 with upgrade to Orion 9.5

We recently upgraded from Orion 9.1 to 9.5. (we are now on SP2)

Before doing this we had to upgrade SQL from 2000 to 2005.  The upgrade of both products seem to go well.  Aside from a few bugs with 9.5 that seem to be fairly common it has worked.

However we have now identified a problem that we cannot seem to find the cause of.  At approximately (give or take a few minutes) 2:30 every day the Polling engine stops writing data to the database.

At first it may not write a poll every 30 minutes, then it will be an hour, then it will be three hours.  This will continue until until the polling engine server is rebooted.  After that it works fine until 2:30 AM the next morning.

I have confirmed that the polling engine is actually polling by doing a network capture.  I have also confirmed that the polling engine seems to be sending the data to the sql server.  It just doesn't seem to be writing the data.

I have already contacted SW support and they seem to feel it is a DB server issue as well but we cannot find the issue.

Both server are quad processor with 4 Gig of memory and do not seem to have resource issues.

Thanks for any help

• After that it works fine until 2:30 AM the next morning

Looks like the default database maintenance schedules (2:15 AM).

You should review the database maintenance log files (swdebugMaintenance.log.x) to figure out if this is the issue.

HTH,

Yann