5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2009 9:33 AM by greg@solarwinds.net

Upgrading to latest version, can database still be on seperate SQL server

Hi there just want to know if anyone has come across this query as we are looking to upgrade our our solarwinds engineers toolset edition.  We currently using v8.2 of solarwinds engineers edition. We would like to upgrade our server as well as upgrade the edition to the latest one availible. My question can we upgrade our version of solarwinds to the latest version of engineers edition while still allowing the new edition of Solarwinds Engineers Edition to log directly to a seperate SQL server which is our current solution that we have in place. The reason I ask this is because of the number of devices we monitor the database would obviously grow quiete rapidly so we need to have our database on seperate server. I would also like to know if there is currently a limit on the size of the SQL database of the new Solarwinds and has been anybody been able to do this without losing any information and what process did they follow. So to summarize my questions is can I upgrade solarwinds to the latest version and still point it to store data on a separate SQL database on another server. I would also like to know if there is process which I can follow