This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion NPM 9.5 SP2 Issues

Hello,

We have got the following Issues with our NPM.

When we navigate to "OverView" or the "NodeManagemet" Point in the Management Website we get the following error:

Error: There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://localhost:17777/SolarWinds/InformationService/Orion/ssl that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details

The second Problem:

When I try to connect with the Network Atlas I get the following error: "Server is not reachable"

U got any clues for me how to solv this??

Greetings

Jedrek

• Hi,

Ensure that the "SolarWinds Information Service" is started. You might have a second one called "SolarWinds Orion Information Service v1", ensure this one is running too.

Try to restart them if they are started.

If that does not solve the issue, review the below log files:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\InformationService\Orion.InformationService.log.x

and

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\InformationService\v2.0\Orion.InformationService.log.x

You should find few errors detailing further what is causing the issue.

HTH,

Yann

• Hi, Thx for your reply.

I only got 1 Service "SolarWinds Information Service" and not the v1 one

This could be the Problem.

What steps do i have to take to install the second one?

Greetings

Jedrek

• The installer should be there:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers\InformationService.msi

Rerun the SP2 after this as there was a fix for this service in that SP.

HTH,

Yann

• I have run the setup u pointed and reapplied SP2, but i still got only these Services:

This Service i got, is this the Verison 2.0 of the Service?

And i also need Version 1?

Greetings

Jedrek

• I used "might" in my first post as the information service v1 is installed when it is still required by some other components such as modules.

The version you have installed should be the v2.

Are you seeing errors in the log files?

• Ok.

I only got the Logfile in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\InformationService\Orion.InformationService.log.x

but this one doesnt give me any arrow when i force the Error.

But i dont have this Logfile:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\InformationService\v2.0\Orion.InformationService.log.x

Greetings

Jedrek

• Have you tried to restart the information service?

If yes, then I suggest you open a support ticket and send the diagnostics.

http://www.solarwinds.com/support/ticket

• I already restarted the whole Server, still the same Issue.

Ok, i opened up a support case.

Greetings

Jedrek