16 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 8:11 AM by apscherz

Pass/Fail details

Stacy Patten

I was a bit suprised to only see a pass/fail note on the results.  It would have been nice to see either a breakdown of categories and where you scored within the category or even an overall composite score to see how well or poor you did overall. 

Any plans to add this in the future?

• Re: Pass/Fail details

The pass/fail notification is a typical standard for certificaiton exams, and we chose to go with this simple notification to encourage candidates to study the topic areas fully instead of just enough to pass. 

If you had failed, you would have received a list of the exam sections with details on which sections to study before a retake.

jonchill

It would of been nice to get a breakdown of what my percentage was and where I did well and what areas I need to add polish to, even thought I passed it was a bit disappointing to just get a pass and not knowing whether that was high pass 90+ % or a just pass 60+ % for example.

I don't like to compare but both the Cisco and Fortinet exams I've done both gave a percentage breakdown and how well you did in each area.

Is it something that could be looked at with future changes?

Thanks for the feedback Jon, we are looking to implement some sort of change to satisfy this desire without compromising the reasons for not displaying them. 

For example, Microsoft uses a weighting method to achieve this, but their test driver is much more powerful than ours.

Would receiving the % you scored correct in each section meet this desire (basically the same report a no-pass candidate receives)?

jonchill

As a minimum I would say the % scored with possibly what the pass rate was so you have an idea of how well you did but if you could do the same as you do for anyone who has failed that would be good and very useful.

Thanks

Jon

JasonKV

Would receiving the % you scored correct in each section meet this desire (basically the same report a no-pass candidate receives)?

This would be nice. Although I passed I would have liked to know where I was slacking and where I did well.

In the long run it does not matter as I have passed it this go around.

mdavis911

I agree.  I passed last week and would love the ability to see how I scored in each section.  I think it is mostly curiosity but also think there is always room for improvement.  It would be nice to know where to focus.

It's been quite a while since I've taken a test, but Novell's test results would have suggestions on what areas covered by the test you needed to work on.  They didn't list section-by-section scores or anything but it was helpful to know what areas I needed to strengthen.  I don't know if they did this if you failed a test, I passed all mine but it did include it with all the tests.

sshuang68@yahoo.com

I just passed the certification test.  It would be nice to see the score I got, the passing score, and the percentages for the different categories.  I get that data when I pass the Cisco and Juniper tests.

papitts

Sat the exam this morning and I was surprised not to get back my score in relation to the pass requirement as a minimum, even VMware give you that much. A breakdown of the score per section would be nice as I'd like to know what areas I need to 'polish up on'!

jp

I'm going to agree with Thomas here.  You passed... That's just fine for me!

chal086

Yep, I agree.  Disappointed to see just a 'pass'.  I put a lot of effort into this and would, at the very least, expect a score.

It's in our nature to see know well we did!

TC

apscherz

Hate to jump on with everyone else, but I agree. As a competitive person, all my fellow nerds and I compare scores and in turn push each other to do better, this was.... anti-climactic to just see "Pass". Just sayin

gerry.pond

apscherz,

I couldn't agree with you more.  The original exam (via Prometric) was limited to showing only Pass/Fail.  The new online exam, which went live April 2012, was configured to show your overall score as well as a section-by-section breakdown to help you see your strengths and weaknesses. 

You'll be seeing some additional changes in the coming months as well

Best Regards,

Skeeter

superfly99

When did you do the exam? I did mine in September 2012 and mine had all the information as per Gerry's post. But it was only displayed on the screen. So I did a cut and paste into a Word document so I still have it for reference.