Misfit - Make sure you are using the latest version, as there was an old bug that would cause the BW Gauges to be off by 8x.
Also, make sure that you are using the same kind of counters for each application. If it is a high speed interface, use the 64bit counters.
Have you seen the gauges in the Workspace Studio?
Now i have installed the latest version, added new device, added new tab with interface gauge monitor, and i get no results. The updating time is set to default to 15 sec. But the gauge is not updating the info.
Tried to use the external tools -> classic tools -> network monitoring -> bandwidth gauges - it shows me the error - "error poling. No such name".
Misfit - If both the applications cannot poll the device, there is something restricting you from getting the MIB data.
Here are some things to check:
- Correct SNMP Community / Version / Credentials
- SNMP view correctly set to allow read access to the MIB
- Device support for that MIB
- Specifically for interfaces:
- Determine if the device supports the ifxTable (64bit counters) as this will get you more accurate data for hi-speed interfaces.
Yuo can use the SNMP MIB Browser to assist with all of these tasks.