This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM - Planning IP scopes

Hi

One of the benefits of having a IPAM system, would obviously also be to be able plan the use of a given super net / area. I realy miss that in SW IPAM.

Basicly i´d like to see a graphical interface showing the areas with in a segment which is used / unused / and reserved. The chart view is fine, for showing utilization within a supernet, but is not of much value when planning the use of the supernet.

Used should obviously be grabbed from the IPAM module subnets created, while reserved simply could be a "manual reservation" that a given range not yet is documented / implemented in IPAM

I suggest that IPAM would include a subnet planning tool (in a tab) like seen in other applications - See screenshot below: (Selection could be for any CIDR..)