This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Network Discovery in NPM 9.5 SP2

I have recently installed a fresh version of NPM 9.5 SP2 with NCM and APM patched to the latest versions.  When I did the Network Discovery in the Orion Website, it scanned the subnet that I requested.  The discovered Devices have nothing listed under Interfaces or Volumes in the Results Wizard.  When I go to the imported object in NPM, it shows all the interfaces but nothing is checked.

Is there a way to show the interfaces or volumes during the Discovery phase?

• After the discovery completes it should in the results view in three different tabs show you the discovered nodes, interfaces and volumes and allow you to check which ones you wish to import.  So you are seeing nothing under the interfaces and volumes tabs?  What browser are you using?  

• Correct, I see nothing under either one of those tabs.  I am using IE 6.0.3790.1830.  Interestingly enough, I can do a scan on that /16 subnet it doesn't show anything.  When I do a /24 subnet it shows them just fine.

• Couple thoughts.  Do you have another browser you can try to see if it behaves differently?  Second would be on the /16 job on the Discovery Scan settings page, look at turning up the retries and tweaking those settings a bit?

• I watched it running this afternoon.  The Discovery was set to timeout after an hour.  It hadn't gotten to the meat of my devices before it timed out.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, but I have changed the timeout to 300 min and we can see how it goes from there.

9.5 seems greatly different than 9.1 and it is taking some getting used to the new interfaces.