This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Flow graphs stop generating

Every few hours, at most, my net flow graphs stop generating. They get stuck on loading with the loading wheel constantly spinning. The netflow service itself hasn't crashed. Restarting the service doesn't fix the problem, so I don't believe my trouble are isolated to the flow service. I end up having to restart most of the services to get them working again. When I do everything is fine for a while. In fact, there are in gaps in the graph for the period when the graphs stop generating, so it's still recieving flows. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Hi,

How is performing the DB when the graphs stop generating? Do you see a bottleneck e.g. on the disks ?

• It's performance is fine. No more read rights than when I normally try to view flow graphs. Upgraded to nta 3.5. This did not fix the problem.  We are monitoring 16 4500s and 3 6500s. Here's the specs of the database:

OS Name MicrosoftRegistered Windows ServerRegistered 2008 Standard
    Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name WINMGTSQL01
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model PowerEdge 2950
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5450 @ 3.00GHz, 2992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5450 @ 3.00GHz, 2992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 2.3.1, 4/29/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
    User Name SHSU\alo007
    Time Zone Central Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.34 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 8.24 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.45 GB
    Page File Space 4.29 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

• How many interfacesare exporting flows and what type of interfaces are they?

• About 20-30 per 4500s. Those consist 2 ten gig interfaces and the rest are layer3 vlan interfaces. One the 4500s has upwards of 50 interfaces. The 6500s have about 12 monitored interfaces consisting of 10gig interfaces and vlan interfaces.

• I opened up a support ticket. They said the problem was that my application pool on IIS needed to be recycled. I set it up for recyling at one hour intervals. It has been over a day since I last restarted services and everything. I have not had any problems since yesterday.