This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Engineers Toolset 8 on Windows 2008

Hi,

I have moved teh engineers toolset to a windwos 2008 server and its working properly under the user profile I installed it. When I login to the server using a different user ID, I am prompted to register the software again.

Any idea how I can have multiple user using the toolset without having to register it with a different license for each user?

Thanks,

Salil

• Hi,

Engineer's Toolset has been tested on the following OS:

Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit)

Windows Vista (IPv4 mode only), Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows 2000 SP4 or later, Windows 2003 SP1 and R2, .Net Framework Version 2.0 or later.

http://www.solarwinds.com/products/toolsets/engineer.aspx

It is not supported on Windows 2008 yet.

I would recommend you to install it only on OS that have been tested by QA to avoid such issues.

During the installation did you select to install the program for all users? or only my user?

This could be the problem.

Thanks,

Yann

• Actually - that is an old spec (which I will get fixed), the Toolset has been testeds and does support Windows 2008.  Can you contact support so we can get a look at why your license cannot be seen on the other profile.

Thanks,

Greg