This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 9.5: Reports page not loading

Aloha...

I have not seen anyone else post about this, but am curious if anyone else has seen this issue or might have a solution.  I recently upgraded to 9.5SP2 and am still seeing the issue.  My issue is that I am no longer able to load the reports page from NPM.  When I click on the link I get the following error:

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
   at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReport.Load(String filename)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Lookup`2.Create[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Linq.GroupedEnumerable`3.GetEnumerator()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind()
   at Orion_AllReports.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I have turned off IIS and renamed my website, then rerun the website creation. Error still occurs. It worked in 9.1SP5 without issue. If you don't mind me asking, what XML is it trying to read?

Mahalo...
Da Haole
  • Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, what XML is it trying to read?

=> at Orion_AllReports.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Probably the reports files located in \Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\Reports\ .

Even if the error is a little bit different in the below KB, you should try the suggestions:

http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/1220/

The method I use to troubleshoot a such issue is the folllowing.

1) Open the web console on the report tab.

2) Open the \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\Reports folder and move all the reports into a new sub folder called e.g. Bad Reports.

3) Move reports back to the initial folder and check which ones are causing the issue. Refresh the web page each time you move a report back to the parent folder.

Usually Frame Relay reports are the culprits.

If you discover a bad report, open it in Report Writer.

Start > All Programs > SolarWinds orion > Alerting, Reporting and Mapping > Report Writer.

and try to execute it. Use the tip from the KB as well.

HTH,

Yann

• Aloha Yann....

That did it, mahalo nui loa.  The report that was at issue was the Orion_Accounts.OrionReport.

BTW when I opened the file (could not in Report Writer) in notepad the front of the file was:

"{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}{\f1\froman\fcharset0 Times New Roman;}}
    {\*\generator Msftedit 5.41.15.1507;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 "

and the end contained:

"\par
    \f1\par
    }"

Once removing that the report works fine.

Mahalo....

Da Haole

• The link you have to the knowledge base is pointing to an article not found error.  Do you have the right link?  

I have reports I am displaying in the web UI and suddenly they are producing errors.  I went in an re-executed them and saved them directly in Report Writer and that did not good.

Thank you!

• Sorry, we are still getting redirects in place to the new system:

http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/1220/