9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 4:27 PM by mattpearson

Filter Question...

I am trying to filter out the Down Interfaces resource to only show Down Interfaces which do not have a custom property (in this case a ticket number) assigned.  I am having problems getting the syntax right.

TicketNumber not like '*'      I would think would work, but it doesn't display results in my testing..

Anyone have any thoughts?

Ticketnumber is a text-field.

• Re: Filter Question...
          bleearg13

Wildcards are not supported, at least not by using the asterisk.  What you are looking for is:

Match all
           - Node Status is Down
           - Node Ticketnumber is empty

However, I've found some inconsistencies with "is empty" and records that are null.  I can't remember off the top of my head how "NULL" is interpreted by report writer, so maybe someone else can chime in here.

EDIT:  Sorry, I thought this was report writer.  See kweise's suggestion below.

kweise

Matt,

I haven't tried filtering for an empty value, but you might try something like this:

TicketNumber <> '*' or TicketNumber <> ' ' or maybe TicketNumber <> null

Let me know if this helps or not.

Something like this should work

TicketNumber is not null and TicketNumber <> ''

I tried all of those...

Really I am trying to sort out interface outages where tickes have NOT been assigned meaning a null value in the TicketNumber field..

No luck on those that were posted, any other thoughts?

You might try running this query and see what values show up in the TicketNumber field for the currently down interfaces.  Note that I am assuming that the TicketNumber custom property is a field in the nodes table.

select Nodes.Caption, Nodes.TicketNumber, Interfaces.Caption, Interfaces.StatusLED from interfaces join nodes on Interfaces.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID where Interfaces.StatusLED = 'Down.gif' or Interfaces.StatusLED = 'Unknown.gif'