This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Issue with 2 nodes disappearing from NTA

I have 2 nodes, among over a 100 in netflow that repeatidly disappear from NTA or their interfaces will disappear. 

I will go into NTA settings and edit the nodes area and find them unchecked totally.  I will go back and check them and for a bit they will work but then they go away again some time later.

They are both 6504's and are the only 2 we have exporting netflow so it may be an IOS issue.  But I am not sure if the issue is they are not sending flows properly or if NTA is doing something.

• Hi,

that's very strange and unusual behavior. Netflowsource is automatically disabled(unchecked) only if node become unmanaged, but when you manage node back Netflowsource should be enabled as well.  Have you changed node to unmanaged state or it happens just randomly?

• It seems to happen randomly.  I know for a fact they have not been unmanaged anytime recently.

I just updated to 9.5 SP2 and I have the same results.  I was hoping the global reset would help things but it has not.

• I have actually tried to unmanage and remanage them and that seemed to partially worked.  They came back but were missing a few interfaces.  I do not see them even if I go into settings.

• Hmmm that's strange, NTA doesn't provide other functionality to automatically disable netflowsources. But yeah, one more thing, when Interface is removed by orion we remove appropriate netflowsource as well. Do you have this interface in Orion? Do you have enabled option "Auto add Interfaces to NetflowSources"?

Can you determine the time period when it occurs? Maybe it's connected with some scheduled operation ( DB recovery, .... )

You can open a case for that, but we will need certainly record accesses to table NetflowSources by SQL Profiler to determine who do that, when and why. Do you have please  this possibility?

thanks

• I do have the auto add option enabled. 

I went and managed a few subinterfaces I had unmanged just as a test and they show up in netflow.  I just cannot get the main WAN interfaces to show.  In both caes they are POS OC3 interfaces.

• Hi,

I would like to ask, is this issue still active? Have you tried  to upgrade to NTA 3.5? Have you contact our tech.support? Can you please provide us Diagnostics to analyze this strange behavior?

Thanks

• Yes I have upgraded to 3.5 and have a ticket open with support.  But right now netflow is doing some unholy things to my SQL box and we had to turn it off per support so the rest of Orion will run.

It has been a day and a half since I have heard from anyone I guess no one cares if the app is broken so long as they got paid for it.

• Hi Donald,

I'll check on the status of this one. We'll get it working again.

Andy

• Donald - thanks for taking the time to talk. I look forward to hearing back from you with the results of the testing I've requested.

Thank you again for your patience and we'll figure this out!

Philip