24 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2009 9:42 PM by Network_Guru

9.5 SP2 install results

Network_Guru

Just an FYI;

After installing SP2 the CPU on my Orion SL2000 server was getting hammered by the SWJobEngineWorker.exe process

Using Orion Service Manager, I did a stop everything and then a start everything.
      This same process took off again in a minute or two.

I then did a stop on the Solarwinds Job Engine only.
      After the restart, it was fine for about 10 minutes, but it has taken off again.

YMMV

PS, all Wireless Controllers have disappeared in the Wireless Summary View as well.

• Re: 9.5 SP2 install results
          pserwe

Great, looks like I'm waiting to hear the feedback on SP3 then.  I'm guessing 2 weeks for SP3 to come out, if it moves fast like SP1 and 2.

SW - you guys looking to hire a QA manager?  If not, you should be.

Peter

I'm running an eval version of NPM because I didn't want to mess up my main install.

So in try to install SP2 and get an error about invalid license, then the install quits. OK... so things didn't get installed. So I bring up NPM in the browser, now I get an error where the map was. OK, maybe a reboot will help, nope, still broke.

jbaulsir

I've got two opened tickets that SP2 is the fix for, but I'll wait a few days before installing.

JB

I had this same problem and contacted support about it.  Here is what support told me to do:

To resolve this, please use the following steps.  Go into Add/Remove Programs and choose the Job Engine install.  Click the Change/Remove and uninstall this application from the server.  Once done, go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers and run the JobEngine.msi.  Choose complete when prompted.  This will reinstall the Job Engine and Job Scheduler services. 

My CPU went from about 40% utilization PER SWJobEngineWorker.exe process (sometimes there were two) down to about 0% to 1% CPU per process.  Give this a try and see if it helps.

avnishb

Frankly, I am little worried now because ever since I upgraded my system to 9.5, it has been a roller coaster ride. I have several tickets with support about what was working before and now not working. Frankly, I am not too happy about this release at all ..

Network_Guru

I had this same problem and contacted support about it.  Here is what support told me to do:

To resolve this, please use the following steps.  Go into Add/Remove Programs and choose the Job Engine install.  Click the Change/Remove and uninstall this application from the server.  Once done, go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers and run the JobEngine.msi.  Choose complete when prompted.  This will reinstall the Job Engine and Job Scheduler services. 

My CPU went from about 40% utilization PER SWJobEngineWorker.exe process (sometimes there were two) down to about 0% to 1% CPU per process.  Give this a try and see if it helps.

Thanks afarmer.
                      I followed these instructions this AM, and so far CPU is running fine.

I'm still having issues with the Wireless Lan Controllers (I have 7 and right now only 2 are showing up).

Hi Network Guru,

I am having the same issue since the upgrade to 9.5
                      NPM 9.5 and Jobengine having multiple instances
                      Case #100456  "Jobengine causing 100% CPU Load"

Unfortunately no resolution in SP1 and now in SP2
                      See added screenshot (CPU more than 95% and Memory usage more than 850Mb)

I hope to get some info or actions today on the next steps.....

Greetings

Hi Network Guru,

Finaly i got some tips that until now (about 4 hours) is working.

Here are the things i needed to do......please keep in mind that this does not guarantee problem solving on you're install but maybe something to try.

On: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngine\Data

I needed to do the following:
                          1. Stop the Job engine and Job Scheduler.
                          2. Rename the JobEngine35.sdf file to JobEngine35.sdf_old.
                          3. Take a copy of the JobEngine35-Blank.sdf and rename it to JobEngine35.sdf.
                          4. Do a right click on the new JobEngine35.sdf file and remove the Read only Attribute.
                          5. Start the jobScheduler and JobEngine and monitor the JobEngine process.

Good luck!!

I've tried to install SP2 but none of the services restarted and the NPM still shows SP1?

I'll open a ticket...again!

sam

jcooler

I've tried to install SP2 but none of the services restarted and the NPM still shows SP1?

I'll open a ticket...again!

sam

I had this exact same problem. Support walked me through resolving this.

The problem was with the Solarwids Information Service. In my case the application was not even installed.

Support had me run the install for this, then rerun the SP2 installer. Everything worked smoothly after that.

the Information service installer is located at c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\solarwinds\installers\InformationServices.msi

Karlo.Zatylny

Hi,

We are looking into the job engine spin.  It should eventually calm down, but that is dependant on the number of nodes you have.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

The wireless devices disappearing are related to the spin issue.

Thanks

jbaulsir

Took the plunge,  update went well, just had an issue with 'order by caption asc' in 62 resources (needed to be removed) ref NPM 9.5 All Nodes Resource not sorting correctly

No wireless devices, CPU load normal, Netflow service wont start by itself.

JB

chuco

I have to agree all those steps did not work! My CPU is now at 91% after trying those steps!!