This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

orion NPM 9.5 Database on cluster SQL 2005 Enterprise

Dear All,

Does Solarwinds Orion NPM 9.5 Database support on SQL 2005 Enterprise cluster environment. We are running Databse on SQL  2005 cluster environment but orion NPM website are very slow.

Thanks,

Suhag Desai.

• Hi,

Yes a SQL cluster environment is supported as this is transparent from the Orion NPM side.

orion NPM website are very slow

Please check how are performing both the Orion server and the database server.

Check the CPU, Memory Utilization, Disk performances.

Are all the pages slow or only some of them?

How many network elements do you monitor?

Do you have any module installed on the top of NPM?

You should enable the debug mode of the web console and review the C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Logs\Orion\OrionWeb.log log file.

Go to:

C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds

and open the web.config file with notepad. Do a search for the word "WARN", you will see it

in the following field:

<threshold value="WARN" />

Change WARN to DEBUG and save the file.

Open up your Web Console, and reproduce the issue.

Copy the OrionWeb.log file and analyze it. If you need help for this, please feel free to open a support case.

Now go back to:

C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds

and open the web.config file with notepad, and change the DEBUG back to WARN, and save the file.

HTH,

Yann

• Dear Yann,

Thanks for your reply.

My first home page of solarwinds Orion NPM 9.5 is taking very long time to open and to login.

Once i opned and loged in to the page, second time it is working fine.

Kindly throw some lights on the same.

CPU,Memory,Disk utilization is normal of DB/NPM servers. I am not able to conclude from log file.

Thanks,

Suhag.

• Dear Yann,

Below points were missing in previous post.

Presently, I am monitoring 300 nodes (Max). Which modules needs to be installed on NPM. I have simply installed Orion NPM on dedicated server.

And i have already opend the case with solarwinds (Case Id# 101598) but they blame on DB server.

Thanks,

Suhag.