This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

passing Username/Password to NPM via iframe from another site - this is killing me!

So the boss wants to see the 24 hour network availability chart embedded on the home page of our website.

Reading another thwack post, I try to iframe a PrintableCustomChart, thusly

<iframe src="">170.121.43.102/.../PrintableCustomChart.aspx width=675 height=425 id=myFrame>
</iframe>

All that displays in the iframe when viewed is the SolarWinds NPM Login screen.  No credentials are passed.  I was guessing that "ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$Username=Guest" might work from looking at the html source for the login page, no dice.  I tried various mutations of the above, no joy either.

Can any of you smart folks figure out a solution to my quest?

tia, -Horch

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Lots of people use the DirectLink feature to accomplish this goal.

• Hi Horch,

Have you had any successs with this?

I recently purchased 2 Cisco 4400G DMP to display solarwinds in our NOC.

However they will only display a URL and can not take an input so I need to pass the username and password in a url which the DMP can display

• I havent been able to get it to work without authentication.  Additionally even with authentication, when i have an NTA graph, say Top XX applications or Endpoints, the iframe only shows half the data.  I will get the application data but not the graph itself.  It complains about the resource displaying correctly due to the configuration of the browser.  Yet outside of an iframe, i can see the data just fine.

It might be an interaction anomaly with the wiki we are using to embed.  But its really hard to debug