This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow source Organization

We have 4 NPM SLX's running 9.1 SP5 all with VoIP and Netflow 3.1.  We have about 1500 Nodes per SLX. I'm just now starting to export flows and have 699 flows going to one server so far with about another 600 to go.  The problem I'm running into is how to organize the Netflow sources.  In NPM with break the node tree down by Region and then further by City.  Is there any way to do this type of organization with the Netflow module.  I'm not liking the 699 Netflow sources showing up on the web page and still having 700 more to go.

Thanks

• Unfortunately, there is no option how to organize NetflowSources for now (it's always categorized by vendor). You are exporting netflow data from all 700 nodes? Because in NTA node tree you can see only enabled interfaces (for which you want to collect data), so if you do not export netflow data for some nodes you can disable it manually.

Anyway if it's really problem, you can always put some NTA resources to orion view, and than access NTA information from orion node tree which is organized as you said. NTA resourcez has auto-hiding system on orion view, so they hide self if there is no netflow data in DB.

Thanks

• Thanks for the info. Yes we are exporting 1 flow from each node.  We have 4 NPM SLX's also running NTA, each SLX has been sized to manage about 1400 nodes.  So once completed each SLX will have about 1400 flows going to it.

Each SLX has a dedicated DB that is Fiber SAN attached.  Anyhow,  I'm going to just remove the Netflow sources view from the Netflow Traffic Analysis page for now.  Last question is there anyway to search for a Netflow source Via Node name and bring up the node where the flow is being exported from (ie Cisco router) ?  When I do a node search in NTA it takes me back into NPM Node. I'm trying to search and find the node with in NTA (Hope this makes sense) So far the only searches I have been able to find brings up the actual flow source (ie PC where traffic is coming from.

Thanks again

• Did you try the endpoint search resource?